Friday 15 June 2012

Burning Meat Balls



         God's favour overwhelm my life :). Once, He blessed with good mark for my report. I know it was by His help that I've got 72% for it. In the time of need, His faithfulness never fails. Again, He protected me and my flat mates from danger.  

  On Wednesday (13-June-12), In the morning, I put meat balls in oven to prepare for lunch break and went back to my room. While happily drinking coffee and enjoy listening music, I smelled something burning and thought "hmmm, who uh? over smoking!" then I remembered, "Oh nooo, my meat balls". I ran back to the kitchen and found burning plate of meat balls. Thanks God, someone saw it and off the oven for me. I threw the black meat balls away, and tried to wash the burned plate with panic, hopefully that no one would see me in such a situation. The smoke was still in the kitchen, so I opened the windows wider. The burning smell was all over my flat, wondering if other flat mates could smell it as well. 

I was embarrassed while feeling thankful for someone who helped to off the oven's heat. I asked each and every of my flatmates whether they saw my burning meat balls. No one knew about it! So, now I knew who saved our flat from burning! =) 
  


14-June-12 @my room's window 


It's been the second week of my study in Liverpool. For these first 3 weeks, there are 3 modules; Hollywood and Genres, Representation, and Media Bussiness. And we have assignment to submit every week! Yes, every week! 

So, you know the feeling of typing down on my blog while in reality I have a big mountain of assignments? It's like a window to self-reflection of what I'm doing right now =). I mean, my life path is a long way. Studying now is just the first step.. a good good start. :) While enjoy studying what I like, I also facing difficult time with tough assignments, but I know it in my heart of what I'm dreaming for ;).   


 Commercial advertisement break: "Hmmm yummy chicken steak ready-meal, good meal for under level-3"  (quotation inspired by a flatmate who is in love with the Sims; sims burn house if the cooking skill is under 3). 


Other than those 3 modules, I have a big big project to do. It's mass comm project, in other words, student thesis project. My project is now approved by my supervisor! And he seems to be interested in its concept. The topic is on "Escapism" in the Sims Social. And so I need to ground knowledge on how scholars have been discussing the meaning of escapism.




Women escape when read romance 

 Other books


 Virtual Reality



 This is also virtual reality! My virtual roommate ;)




 At first, I intended to log-in to virtual world and observe. But it is known by now that because of ethical issues, we can't do such thing. Blah blahhh. So I moved my focus to be on attitudes and performances by facebook users toward the Sims Social.



And these books are for another assignment. Aeee =-3 

Bye byeeee! Jumping off to do assignmentsss :) 


Leaving with fav worship from Hope City Church =-). It's a video from Hope City Church in Sheffield. I attended Hope City Church, Liverpool ;).
Sunday is the day I love the most. It's like real day! haha.. that I can meet and talk to local people. =D. Hope that I can write about local stuffs in next chapter of Laughing around the world =) ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment